Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Insomnia is great. Well, I don't know that I'm an insomniac. Is it insomnia if you are just getting drastically less sleep then normal? I fall asleep, It's just not usually until 3 in the morning. This gives me roughly 5 and a half hours of sleep, if I'm lucky enough to fall asleep at 3:00. I know people have it worse, but it's wierd for me, since I have always been a fan of sleeping. I was never one of those kids to protest bedtime. I have always, however, been poor at waking up. However, since I've moved into this aparement, and really since classes have started, I haven't been able to fall asleep until I am physically unable to stay awake. I just lay in bed and think, generally unhappy, paranoid, and worrying thoughts, for hours. It probably doesn't help that now I have stopped trying to go to bed at a decent time, and jut stay up till I have trouble keeping my eyes open. I don't know what it is. I don't drink caffiene, or rarely. I just sit up at night and browse the internet.

I've read some ebooks. I discovered www.unitedheroes.net which has kept me amused, particualrly "Greyhound Chronicles" and the "Secret Journals of Phineas J. Magnetron." I've read some of the few decent webcomics out there and sifted through far more trashy webcomics as well. I read the news, I do homework (always double check a paper written at 3 in the morning).

It is currently 3:09 am and I am just starting to feel tired. I don't know why I can't sleep I'm not particularly stressed. My diet is, although not healthy, I like to think sufficient. Perhaps it's some emotional thing I don't conciously notice. I haven't been very happy as of late, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it depression. I've been depressed, and if anything, that just makes me want to sleep more. Stress? I doubt it. my homework load is incredibly light this term. I have only two classes that assign homework regularly, and is a physics class that is easier then highschool physics. The other is Russian, which although difficult, is not too time consuming, and not high on my priority list since I've discovered that it is impossible to fail first year Russian, and since I have decided to continue spanish next term.

On a completely different topic, I've been contemplating joining the Peace Corps after I graduate. It's something I want to do, and should give me a boost when applying for grad school afterwards. I'm still not sure if I want to attempt Grad school right away, or attempt working full time for a while before I go back. I'm afraid I'll get sucked into a career before I've attained a higher degree, and won't return to college. Then again, what carreers could possibly care about a history major. If I'm going to major in something useless I may as well go all out right away.

-Brandon