Thursday, February 17, 2005

Sin City

When Violet first showed me the Sin City trailer, my first thought was "Looks pretty cool." I read some more about it and found that Frank Miller was heavily involved in the directing process, and my interests perked up. Then I found screen shots comparing comic panels to screen shots and I was amazed at the effort they were putting into staying true. I decided I was going to need to read the books.

Violet bought That Yellow Bastard and I sat down and read it straight through. It was awesome. Artwork was really cool, the atmosphere was dark, and the noir dialogue wasn't overdone. I rewatched the trailer, and I could pick out frames from the comic that had been adapted to the movie.

I got my hands on the rest of the comics, and I am now in the process of reading them. The more I read, the more I can't wait for the film.

-Brandon