Saturday, August 13, 2005

I am having fun making ridiculous mixes. I made a fun covers mix that I enjoy, and seemed to go over well at work. Now I've been inspired by this awesome song, to make a Nerd mix. So far I have:

Mostly Harmless – Start Over
Say Hi to Your Mom – The Fritz
Say Hi to Your Mom – Unless the Laker Game was on
Peanut Butter Wolf – My 2600 – Captain Funkaho
Logan Whitehurst and the Junior Science Crew – Robot Cat
Logan Whitehurst and the Junior Science Crew – Happy Noodle versus Sad Noodle
Logan Whitehurst and the Junior Science Crew – Audubon Society
Logan Whitehurst and the Junior Science Crew – Why Don’t They Call it Art?
Logan Whitehurst and the Junior Science Crew – Volcano Song
They Might be Giants – Istanbul
They Might be Giants – Doctor Worm
They Might be Giants - Particle Man
They Might be Giants - A series of “Planet of the Apes” inspired songs(Debating these too, mostly here now just to add some time to my mix)
Freezepop – Junior Science Girl
Bullfrog – Reverse Psychology (still debating this one)
Devo – Mongoloid
Moldy Peaches – Nothing Came Out

I’m looking for something by Wesley Willis now, and still trying to think of more to add. Part of me thinks having so many artist repeats might be cheating, but I don't know.

EDIT
Here's the mix I have now. Only thing I'm unhappy with is the beginning of Particle Man really doesn't sound right in transition from any previous song. I don't want to place it first, as I prefer to start with the song that made me want to start this mix in the first place. I could also use some more songs. Other then that, I'm happy with the mix. I still have almost 20 minutes to spare so if anyone has any suggestions, throw them out here.


-Brandon